Your Key Responsibilities
- Consider complex logical problems and develop pragmatic solutions with regard to relative effort and business value.
- Continue to break up a monolithic app into microservices while creating APIs used by other teams in Stylight’s value chain.
- Own service stacks from design, development, & testing to continuous integration, monitoring, & user support.
- Explain technical concepts to non-technical colleagues.
- We hope you love Python and have experience with it too! If not, we expect you to have a strong desire to learn and significant experience in another programming language.
- You have a background in computer science either from a bachelor's degree program and/or work experience.
- You have proficient English skills and are able to communicate honestly and openly with your colleagues.
- You are a motivated, compassionate individual who enjoys collaboration and is eager to learn from and teach others.
- SQL and/or AWS experience are a nice plus.
- Processes raw data from our partner shops and ensures that the products on the Stylight website are relevant for our users, categorized correctly, and enriched with information such as size, color, material, and so on.
- Works in an Agile environment to create services and internal tools to enrich product information.
- Codes primarily in Python (mostly for backend applications) and is committed to the quality and health of their codebase.
- Values the learning and growth mindset and has dedicated time for self-driven, personal development.
- Has low management overhead and a high level of trust in one another; enjoys autonomous work as well as pair programming.
- With more than 12m unique users in 16 countries and >1,300 shops we are the largest lead generation aggregator within the fashion, home&living and beauty space.
- Stylight is #1 Meetup organizer in Munich, and deeply involved in the local tech community.
- Together with Bits & Pretzels, we host daho.am, an annual developer conference with top-notch speakers and over 800 attendees.
- International & highly motivated environment with open business culture in all departments. Our company language is English as we have more than 27 nationalities.
- Hands-on work after quick ramp up & openness to new solutions and improvements.
- Personal Development and constant growth is key. That's why at Stylight a personal development budget is given to you to use throughout the year for personal growth and regulatory Innovation Days which help to share our knowledge throughout the company.
- We are family-friendly and health conscious which is why we offer yoga, fresh fruits & nuts and enjoy spending time with one another also outside of working hours - from BBQs to ping pong tournaments and Christmas tree decorating.
- We have one of the coolest office spaces in Munich (and actually in Germany) in the city center, and just a 10-minute walk to the nearest Biergarten.
- Want to know more? Check out: about.stylight.com and blog.stylight.com // tech.stylight.com.
Up for the challenge?
If you want to work in a fun, exciting, challenging and dedicated environment, then don't hesitate and apply today via about.stylight.com/jobs. We're looking forward to reading your complete application (cover letter, CV, references and certificates) in English or German! Your contact: Carina Meyer.