Are you a dreamer who can't wait to make your big ideas happen? Do you like to take responsibility and want to feel engaged in our community from day one? You have 2+ years of experience in software engineering and a passion for building and maintaining scalable distributed systems? Then you should definitely keep reading! We are currently looking for a software engineer, supporting Stylight's mission to build the world's leading search platform for Fashion, Beauty and Design. Come and join our team in Munich!Your Key Responsibilities
- Consider complex logical problems and develop pragmatic solutions with regards to relative effort and business value.
- Own service stacks from design, development, testing, to continuous integration, monitoring, and internal user support.
- Continue to break up a monolithic app into microservices while creating APIs used by other teams in Stylight’s value chain.
- Explain technical concepts to non-technical colleagues.
What you bring along
- You have at least two years of experience working in a software engineering position.
- We hope you love Python and have experience with it too! If not, we expect you to have a strong desire to learn it, and significant experience in another programming language.
- You are fluent in English and you can communicate honestly and openly with your colleagues.
- You are a motivated, compassionate and opinionated individual who enjoys collaboration and is eager to learn from and teach others.
- AWS and/or SQL experience are a nice plus.
Your Future Team
- Processes raw data from our partner shops and ensures that the products on the Stylight website are relevant for our users, categorized correctly, and enriched with information such as color, material, and so on.
- Works in an Agile environment to create services and internal tools to enrich product information.
- Codes primarily in Python, ships microservices using AWS (Lambda, EC2, DynamoDB, SQS, SNS, S3…), and is committed to the quality and health of their codebase.
- Values the learning and growth mindset and has dedicated time for self-driven, personal development.
- Has low management overhead and a high level of trust in one another; enjoys autonomous work as well as pair programming.
Why join Stylight?
- Shape the way Stylight grows! With 160m yearly shoppers in 16 countries and >1,500 shops we are the world's leading online search platform for Fashion, Beauty, and Design.
- Worldwide vibes! Our team is made up of individuals from over 25 countries, who speak 41 languages, and represent many different backgrounds. You will be inspired by talented colleagues from around the world.
- Curiosity is our compass! We support and encourage you in achieving your goals by providing you with an annual personal development budget of 2.000EUR and 3 personal development days, that you may use for external trainings. All while you obtain regular feedback sessions with your peers and manager.
- Always one step ahead! Bi-monthly Innovation Days foster knowledge sharing throughout the whole company.
- Hybrid Working Model: Balance is the key to our success! We give you the ability and flexibility to manage your own work and personal life, through a mix of office, remote and semi-remote opportunities.
- Vacation counts! Whether you plan a family vacation or to visit your friends back home – 27 days of paid vacation + Christmas and New Year’s day are all yours! And let’s not forget the yearly extra day you get for the first 3 years of company affiliation.
- You are not alone! You will be assigned a buddy who will help you navigate through your first weeks of onboarding.
- Prost, Cheers, Salute ! We celebrate our success in every language!
Up for the challenge?
If you want to work in a dynamic, open minded and passionate environment, then don't hesitate and apply today via about.stylight.com/jobs. We're looking forward to reading your CV in English or German! Your contact: Sebastian Breuer.