At Stylight, we’re on a mission to build the world’s best search platform for Fashion, Beauty and Design. We're always looking for talent to join our engineering team, and help connect millions of users with their favorite products across 16 countries.You’ll get to work with systems that handle thousands of requests per second, from custom analytics solutions to multi-regional search and ranking pipelines. We operate at a scale of billions of data points per month, which means you'll never run out of fun challenges waiting to be solved. Sounds exciting? Read on!
- Mentor engineers in your team, be the go-to-person for technical and non-technical topics.
- Strategic technical involvement on a team level in the OKR process, hiring strategy and team setup.
- Build, deploy, and monitor our live systems across four global regions.
- Foster technical excellence within the team, and contribute engineering best practices.
- Help us grow our engineering culture, from knowledge sharing sessions to hackathons.
- At least 1 year of experience in a leadership role - alternatively you combine a solid engineering experience and a strong drive for people and leadership topics.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in a software development role.
- Demonstrated experience with one or more of the following topics: Search Infrastructure, Distributed Systems, Machine Learning or Batch Processing (Terabyte-scale).
- Working knowledge of Docker, Elasticsearch, Kubernetes, Spark or BigQuery.
- Passion for teaching, coaching and empowering your colleagues.
- You have excellent English language skills (written and spoken).
Our Tech Stack
- Most of our services are written in either Python or Scala.
- We run our systems on AWS, and Google Cloud Platform.
- We use CircleCI to test, package, and deploy Docker containers to Kubernetes.
- We monitor our services with Datadog, Kibana, Sentry, Cloudwatch, and PagerDuty.
Why join Stylight?
- Shape the way Stylight grows! With 160m yearly shoppers in 16 countries and >1,500 shops we are the world's leading online search platform for Fashion, Beauty, and Design.
- Worldwide vibes! Our team is made up of individuals from over 25 countries, who speak 41 languages, and represent many different backgrounds. You will be inspired by talented colleagues from around the world.
- Curiosity is our compass! We support and encourage you in achieving your goals by providing you with an annual personal development budget of 2.000EUR and 3 personal development days, that you may use for external training. All while you obtain regular feedback sessions with your peers and manager.
- Always one step ahead! Bi-monthly Innovation Days foster knowledge sharing throughout the whole company.
- Hybrid Working Model: Balance is the key to our success! We give you the ability and flexibility to manage your own work and personal life, through a mix of office, remote and semi-remote opportunities.
- Vacation counts! Whether you plan a family vacation or to visit your friends back home – 27 days of paid vacation + Christmas and New Year’s day are all yours! And let’s not forget the yearly extra day you get for the first 3 years of company affiliation.
- You are not alone! You will be assigned a buddy who will help you navigate through your first weeks of onboarding.
- Prost, Cheers, Salute ! We celebrate our success in every language:
Up for the challenge?
If you want to work in a dynamic, open minded and passionate environment, then don't hesitate and apply today via about.stylight.com/jobs. We're looking forward to reading your CV! Your contact: Sebastian Breuer.